- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (110*F / 45*C)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (0.25 ounce) package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 large egg white (for egg wash)
- 2 tablespoons water
1. First of all Place all of the ingredients (except the egg white and cold water) in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Set on Dough cycle, press Start.
2. Remove risen dough from the machine, deflate and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into twelve equal pieces and form into rounds. Place the rounds on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375* F (190*C).
4. In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg white with the water; lightly brush the risen rolls with this mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
Makes 12 rolls.